HarlequinJunkie

Harlequin Junkie

The Tycoon's Secret Daughter (Harlequin Romance Series #4315)

The Tycoon's Secret Daughter (Harlequin Romance) - Susan Meier My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance ReviewsThe Tycoon's Secret Daughter is a great story about second chances and starting over.Max and Kate were in love and had it all until Max’s drinking problems drove Kate away in fear of her safety and safety of her unborn child. Eight years on Max is sober and regrets the break up of his marriage. Max doesn't know he is a father so when he runs into Kate now his ex wife and learns he is a father he is shocked and devastated.I think Susan Meier did a fantastic job writing about a sensitive issue such as alcoholism and the effects it has on families.I liked how the story flowed through the book; it was an emotional read to watch Max connect with his daughter. Max and Kate’s relationship wasn’t rushed, it was great to see them grow into it and fall in love again and realize that they are different people now who needed to live in the now rather than in the past if they were to have a HEA.This is a solid read that stresses the fact that life does not come with any kind of guarantees…and that you have to take it one day at a time!