HarlequinJunkie

Harlequin Junkie

Gilded Secrets (Harlequin Desire Series #2168)

Gilded Secrets - Maureen Child Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance ReviewsMaureen Child always writes exquisite books with breath taking characters that always seem to speak to me.And this time around I was expecting no less only sadly I was a little disappointed.Like all books by this author it started out really well and I was enjoying and getting into the thrill thereof and I thoroughly loved the chemistry between the yummy Vance and his feisty assistant Charlie (Charlotte) but at one stage the book lost a little something that is hard for me to pin down. It was as if the author lost her connection to the characters and suddenly the depth and emotion was no longer there as strong as it should have been.Over all a good read yes but I would have liked to see the author keep the feeling going. And it is for that reason and that reason only that this one gets a 3 on the scale . I would also say the author should have added a little more of a punch or mystery to the blackmailing scheme just to give the book that certain something and also to take the focus of the emotional depth that it lacked in the end. Aside from that the book was heart warming enough and the overall plot was well written.