HarlequinJunkie

Harlequin Junkie

The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar (Harlequin Presents Extra)

The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar - Susanna Carr Reviewd: HarlequinJunkie Romance ReviewsThe Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar will put you through an emotional ringer as it leads you on a beautiful journey of perseverance, hope, trust and true love.American teen Zeo is forced to move to Jazaar to live with her relatives when she is orphaned. At 15 Zoe is suddenly thrust in an oppressive male dominated society where her family considers her tarnished as she is not Jazaari born. Her rights and ambitions are stifled and her only escape from the cruelty she suffers on a daily basis is an arranged marriage to Sheikh Nadir. Both Nadir and Zoe have ulterior motives for agreeing to the arranged Marriage, but what starts out as a means to an end for both of them blossoms into a wonderful romance much too both their surprise. I love the ending and the epilogue; both are very heartfelt and beautifully written.Zoe is constantly plotting her escape throughout the book. I totally adored Zoe’s feisty personality; her defiance, her resilience, her courage and her supreme determination to achieve her goals. What makes this book stand out are the two beautifully written characters in Zoe and Nadir,they are constantly conflicted between using the other to achieve their goals and doing right by the other. Congrats Susanna on your debut Presents release, you sure have a Winner on your hands with ‘The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar. This book had me captivated from start to finish and I would highly recommend this book.